Fearlessness is not the same as the absence of fear – Seth Godin Obviously. But take a moment to think about it because this is a really important distinction for anyone trying to raise a brave, confident, empowered child. Why? If you are like every other parent on the...Read More
A little perspective on the tragicomedy that is parenting: What She Heard Let me tell you now and forever – I am going to make you miserable, wretchedly unhappy and terribly uncomfortable. I am going to make you cry. There will be days when you wish I were dead and...Read More
Kids share lots of information – photos, texts, emails, videos, links, gossip, lies, rumors… you get the idea. They do it constantly, copiously, and quiet often, thoughtlessly. Rarely, however, are children actually trying to be mean. So then, why do children...Read More
The cool kids are the ones that have all the fun, the ones that everyone likes. Everybody else is insignificant and irrelevant. At least that’s how it feels to your child when they’re not one of the cool kids. It’s a social instinct to want to be liked by others, to...Read More
smart parenting for smart child development
This site is designed to provide you with insightful thoughts and practical ideas on how to raise kids who are intelligent, independent and empowered.
I also explore ways to develop children’s multiple intelligences and strategies for teaching children to be effective negotiators (both invaluable skills for the development of any intelligent, independent and empowered child).
Raising intelligent, independent and empowered children is important.
- because throughout your child’s life, people will try to tell them what to do, how to behave, or what they should think. You want your child to make those decisions on their own.
- because your child will have friends who will make poor decisions. You want your child to know better.
- because your child will be faced with difficult choices. You want them to have the courage to do the right thing.
- because intelligent, independent and empowered kids have the ability to achieve extraordinary things. And you know your child can be extraordinary.
Raising intelligent, independent and empowered kids is not small task. But you already know that.
You also know that it’s immensely important. And maybe that’s where I can help.
- posts with effective parenting strategies and ideas.
- no spam. Ever. I promise (and you can always and easily unsubscribe).
Drop me a line, I’d love to hear from you (totthoughts [at] gmail [dot] com).